Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lessons from haircutting

Here are some recent lessons I have learned:
1. Don't ever quit my day job to be a world class hair-cut man
2. The blade covers that are included on a electric razor have a purpose
3. The razor oil is included also have a purpose
4. I as dad, should never cut his son's hair again
5. Black kids hair is really hard to cut
6. Worse comes to worse, you can always cut hair shorter.
7. It is always important to have a rescue plan available. In my case, Terri Bade was extremely helpful and helped correct my mistakes on Ezra's head. Thankfully he is too young to remember any of the trauma I took him through last night!

(In process of Ezra's hair...if that is what you can call it)

(Another sad picture of dad's bad haircut job)


(After Terri Bade remedied by sad excuse for a haircut)


(Ezra looking at Olivia as she was taking a nap)

(A bright-eyed picture of Olivia)

6 comments:

Keith and Courtney said...

A. Ah, Dustin, where didn't you attend the crazy Mac Hall cheap-haircutting sessions? :)

B. CONGRATULATIONS! We are so, so overjoyed for you both. Blessings!

Andie said...

I'm taking notes for our future adopted children.

I have been involved in a similar haircutting fiasco, where a friend and I tried to "buzz" a guy's hair on a mission trip with a pair of scissors. She took the first snip which was WAY to short and so there was this bald-looking spot right on the front of his head. I feel your pain.

:)

Schuknechts said...

I cut Troy's hair, and I have definitely employed the "you can always cut it shorter" system!

Stevi

Schuknechts said...

I think Ezra looks rad with a bald head.

Brett Lizzi Ethan Seth Josiah said...

Congratulations you guys!! She is so precious. I hope you are all doing well recovering. Praying for ya'll...Lizzi

Kailyn Renae said...

I think Ezra looks cute!